The Japan Rail Pass offers a convenient and economical way of enjoying Japan’s efficient and comprehensive railway network. The basic Pass can be used on all Japan Railways (JR) lines and the Shinkansen (‘Bullet’) trains.
If your clients plan on travelling around Japan, the Japan Rail Pass can offer substantial savings.
How it works
- You buy a Japan Rail Pass Exchange Order from us and provide it to your client. They take it with them to Japan. The Exchange Order is a paper document, which shows the traveller’s name (exactly as on their passport) and the gross price in Japanese Yen and GBP sterling.
- Upon arrival in Japan, the traveller goes to any Japan Rail Pass Exchange Office (often called “Travel Service Center”) to present the Exchange Order and obtain the actual Pass. They need to specify a start date (ie. the first day the Pass will be used): it can be that same day, or any day within one month.
- The Pass is valid from the start day for the number of consecutive days shown on the Pass (exception: some regional passes are “flexi” and can be used for a non-consecutive period). The Pass is valid for use on trains operated by Japan Railways (JR), most local lines of JR bus companies and the short ferry to Miyajima Island which is operated by JR West. See details on the official site japanrailpass.net.
Ordering and payment
- Please email us (email@example.com) specifying the type of passes required, and the full names of each traveller, as shown in their passport.
- We will confirm the price (which will be as shown on our website on the day of ordering), the commission, and any delivery charge. No charge is made for normal delivery by Royal Mail 1st class (not tracked).
- You can make payment of the total net amount to us by agency credit card or bank transfer.
- Once we have received payment, we will issue the Exchange Orders and send them to you, together with the information leaflet and an invoice/receipt.
As the client must take the original hard copy of the Exchange Order to Japan, please allow plenty of time for the document to be delivered. Royal Mail Special Delivery (tracked) is available at an extra charge of £ 8.00.
It is important that the client takes the original hard copy of the document (2-part paper voucher, the “Customer Coupon” and the “Exchange Coupon”) with them to Japan. No copies, scans or email attachments will be accepted.
The conditions for a Japanese National to use the Rail Pass are very strict. If your client has Japanese nationality, please contact us.
Travellers must get the “Temporary Visitor” stamp in their passport when passing through Japanese Immigration. JR Travel Service Center staff check this before they issue the actual Pass. The “Temporary Visitor” stamp will be given to those entering Japan for tourism or business, not to those studying or working in Japan.
If the Exchange Order is unused, you can return it to us for refund. A 10% cancellation charge is applied (ie. the refund will be 90% of the original net amount you paid).