Return flights to Tokyo, 3 nights accommodation and an excursion to a Sumo tournament in Tokyo is a great way of starting to discover Japan! The Sumo tournament takes place three times a year in Tokyo: time your departure to coincide with these periods.
Use this “starter pack” to create your own Japan experience by adding extra nights in Tokyo, Kyoto or any other cities and towns in Japan: ask us to tailor-make your trip including a Japan Rail Pass of 7, 14 or 21 days duration so you can explore as you wish. We can book hotels for you, and offer guidance and suggestions for your trip.
- Return flight from London Heathrow to Tokyo on Finnair via Helsinki
- airport bus ticket from Narita airport to central Tokyo on arrival
- 3 nights accommodation in Tokyo
- see Sumo wrestling from a reserved seat at the Ryogoku Kokugikan (Sumo Hall) in Tokyo, and enjoy a “chanko” dinner (traditional meal of sumo wrestlers) at a local restaurant.
Sumo Tournament in Tokyo 2020:
12th – 26th January
10th – 24th May
13th – 27th September
Day 1 : Depart UK
Depart from London Heathrow on a very quick and indirect flight to Tokyo Narita Airport.
Day 2 : Arrive Tokyo
On arrival at Tokyo Narita Airport, we’ve included a coupon for the public airport bus, to make it easy for you to reach your hotel in central Tokyo.
3 nights accommodation is included, at the centrally-located Shiba Park Hotel (or similar).
Day 3 : Tokyo
Sumo: Tokyo Tournament
When arranging your package, just let us know which day you would like to visit the Sumo Tournament (between 12-26 January, 10-24 May, 13-27 September). We will provide you with a Tour Confirmation for the day of your choice (subject to availability).
See sumo matches live at Tokyo’s famous sumo hall (Ryogokyu Kokugikan) from reserved seats. Then walk to the nearby restaurant with the English-speaking guide for a chanko dinner (traditional hot pot meal of sumo wrestlers) or sukiyaki.
Day 4 : Tokyo
Full day free at leisure in Tokyo.
Why not take an optional tour or excursion? A great range is available with JTB Sunrise tours. A few of the English-speaking guided tours on offer:
|Tokyo Morning Tour|
|Nikko World Heritage 1-day tour|
|Mt.Fuji – Hakone 1-day tour|
|Walking tours in Tokyo|
Day 5 : Tokyo - London
Depart from Tokyo Narita to London Heathrow.
£ 1,231 per person
sharing twin room
For single room or child price, please inquire.
in January, May, September 2020 (note the periods of Sumo Tournament above)
- Return flight London-Tokyo, Osaka-London on Finnair economy class via Helsinki, including taxes and other charges
- Airport taxes and other surcharges
- Public airport bus from the airport to Shiba Park Hotel in Tokyo on arrival day
- 3 nights accommodation at Shiba Park Hotel, sharing twin room (daily breakfast included)
- Sunrise Sumo Tour Tokyo Tournament excursion with English-speaking guide: includes pickup service from Shiba Park hotel, transfer to the Sumo hall, visit to the Sumo Museum, reserved seat in 2nd floor B-class area of the Sumo Hall, “Chanko” dinner (traditional meal of sumo wrestlers) at a local restaurant.
- transportation from the restaurant to the hotel after the Chanko dinner.
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals, beverages, accommodation or travel arrangements not shown in the above itinerary
- Incidental costs such as personal laundry, drinks, snacks
- Passport and other visa document fees (UK citizens do not need a visa for stays up to 90 days in Japan)
- Any excess baggage (over 23kg on Economy flights)