Relaxing in a bath of natural hot spring water is part of the Japanese way of relaxation and health. See bustling Tokyo and the quieter, country spa resorts of Hakone and Kinosaki, and experience this essential part of Japanese culture.
Highlights of this tour suggestion include:
Oedo Onsen Monogatari
Located in the Odaiba district of Tokyo, this hot spring and relaxation centre takes its natural hot water from a thermal spring 1,400 m. underground, to offer indoor and outdoor bathing. Treatments available include foot massage and Japanese-style full body massage.
The Mt.Fuji-Hakone National Park is a mountainous area centred on the impressive volcanic cone of Mt.Fuji itself. There are numerous hot spring resorts in the area, and each Japanese-style room at the Mikawaya Ryokan has a private outdoor hot spring bath.
Kinosaki is an onsen town located at the foot of Mt. Daishi in Hyogo prefecture. This small town is well known for its natural hot spring water, which is famous for its healing qualities. The town is abundant with onsen that visitors can visit whilst strolling through its quaint streets in yukata.
Our itinerary suggestion:
- Visit the modern bustling city of Tokyo
- Relax in Japanese-style accommodation in the Fuji-Hakone National Park, close to Mt.Fuji
- See the historic city of Kyoto
- Travel to Kinosaki for an onsen experience off the beaten track
Tour ref: ONEX
Day 1 : Depart London
Leave London Heathrow on an Asiana Airlines flight via Seoul to Tokyo Narita.
Day 2 : Arrive Tokyo
Arrive Tokyo Narita Airport and transfer to central Tokyo by a public airport bus (coupon provided). Stay 3 nights at the Royal Park Hotel or similar.
Day 3 : Tokyo
A pick-up service will take you from your hotel to join a JTB Sunrise Tokyo Morning tour. You will visit Meiji Jingu Shrine, Imperial Palace East Gardens, Asakusa Kannon Temple & Nakamise Shopping Arcade.
Day 4 : Tokyo
Full day free: why not visit Oedo Onsen Monogatari? Conveniently located in central Tokyo, this centre offers indoor and outdoor hot baths, shops, entertainments and several kinds of massage and treatment.
Day 5 : Tokyo - Hakone
Pick-up service from hotel to join JTB Sunrise Mt. Fuji – Hakone one-day tour, travelling by coach to Mt. Fuji, and including a cruise on Lake Ashi and the Mt. Komagatake Ropeway. Stay one night in Hakone at Yoshiike Ryokan, a traditional Japanese-style accommodation with onsen baths. Japanese dinner and breakfast included.
Day 6 : Hakone - Kyoto
Transfer to Odawara to take the bullet train to Kyoto. On arrival, transfer to hotel. Stay two nights at the New Miyako Hotel.
Day 7 : Kyoto
Join Kyoto Morning tour, including Nijo Castle, Kinkakuji Temple and the Imperial Palace.
Day 8 : Kyoto – Kinosaki Onsen
Take a limited express train to Kinosakionsen station via Fukuchiyama (151 mins) for an overnight stay at an onsen. The small town abounds in hot spring facilities. Stay at the Nishimuraya Hotel Shogetsutei or similar in a Japanese-style room, with Japanese dinner and breakfast included.
Day 9 : Kinosaki Onsen- Kyoto
Take the train back to Kyoto. Why not spend your last evening in Kyoto strolling in the streets of the traditional Gion district, take dinner in a small restaurant, or see a traditional performance by Maiko (apprentice Geisha) with a tempura dinner. Stay one night at the New Miyako Hotel.
Day 10 : Kyoto - KIX - London
Transfer to Kansai International Airport (KIX) (coupon for taxi transfer provided) for departure to the UK on Asiana Airlines via Seoul, arriving the same day.
|Sharing Twin room||£ 2,266||£ 2,266|
|Suppl. for departures Jun 25th – Aug 11th||£ 109||£ 109|
Prices are per person
Total package price is a “from” price, and is subject to availability of flights on the specified airline(s) in the required class of travel. Different airlines may be offered, at different package prices, depending on availability on your selected dates of travel.
- Return flight London – Tokyo (NRT), Osaka (KIX) – London on Asiana Airlines economy class (dates subject to availability.)
- Hotel: 3 nights Royal Park Hotel Tokyo, 1 night Mikawaya Ryokan Hakone, 3 nights New Miyako Hotel Kyoto, 1 night Nishimuraya Hotel Shogetsutei or similar in Kinosaki. Accommodation in Tokyo & Kyoto: room only basis. In Hakone & Kinosaki: including breakfast and dinner
- Transportation: airport transfer coupon for Day 2 & 9.
- 7 Day Ordinary Japan Rail Pass
- Tours/excursions: JTB Sunrise tours with English-speaking guide in Tokyo Day 3 (half-day morning tour) Tokyo – Hakone Day 5, in Kyoto Day 7 (half-day morning tour)
- Meals: Japanese breakfast and dinner at Japanese-style accommodation; lunch on Day 5.
- Any optional activities in Tokyo Day 4, or in Kyoto Day 9
- Transfers between Hakone and Odawara Day 6. Transport between Kinosaki onsen station and hotel Day 8 & 9.
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals and beverages not shown in the above itinerary
- Incidental costs such as personal laundry, drinks, snacks
- Passport and other visa document fees (UK citizens do not need a visa for stays up to 90 days in Japan)
- Any excess baggage (over 23kg on Economy flights)