9 days / price on request
The Kansai region, in central Japan, boasts a concentration of places to see.
Kyoto, the cultural capital and known for its countless temples, shrines, geisha district of Gion, green matcha tea and the Inari shrine with its thousands of red torii gates; Nara with the largest buddha statue in Japan, and the deer park; Himeji Castle; Kobe and Osaka, both paradises for shopping, eating and entertainment; and Mt.Koya with its tranquil temple village.
- Explore the Kansai region
- Stay in Kyoto with its temples and shrines
- Visit Kobe, and the famous samurai-era castle at Himeji
- Stay overnight on Mt.Koya in a shukubo (monk’s lodging) with vegetarian dinner and breakfast
- Osaka, the country’s foodie capital
Day 1 : Arrive Kyoto
Start your exploration of the Kansai region in Kyoto, Japan’s former capital and the cultural and historic centre of the country.
Stay 4 nights.
Day 2 : Kyoto
Full day free in Kyoto.
A variety of tours and excursion are available: JTB’s “Sunrise Tours” with English-speaking guide.
Day 3 : Kyoto
Full day free in Kyoto
Day 4 : Kyoto
Full day free in Kyoto.
Why not visit Arashiyama on the northern outskirts of the city, where for centuries Kyotoites have relaxed and strolled in the peaceful countryside and bamboo groves.
Day 5 : Kyoto - Osaka
Travel to Osaka and use it as a base to explore the Kansai region. Osaka has an energetic and enterprising spirit and a wide variety of restaurants and entertainments.
Stay 2 nights.
Day 6 : Osaka
Full day free to explore this dynamic city. Or why not visit the port city of Kobe, or even Himeji with its famous castle.
Day 7 : Osaka - Mt.Koya
Travel to Mt.Koya, high up in the Kii mountains where temples of the Shingon Buddhist sect are dotted around the tranquil hillsides.
Stay overnight in a shukubo (monk’s lodging) and appreciate the simplicity of the accommodation and plain fare including vegetarian dinner and breakfast.
Day 8 : Mt.Koya - Osaka
Travel to Osaka, for a final night.
Stay 1 night.
Day 9 : Depart Osaka (KIX)
After breakfast, take the airport bus service (ticket provided) to Kansai International Airport (KIX) for departure.
Price on request
- 7 nights accommodation including breakfast
- overnight stay at a shukubo (temple lodging) at Mt. Koya with vegetarian dinner and breakfast
- bu transfer from/to Kansai Airport (KIX)
- Kansai Free Pass
- travel details and extra information
- tours and excursions
- travel insurance
- any other meals and personal expenses