13 days from £3,180 p/person, including flights.
Have the unforgettable family adventure you always wanted! Our package gives you time to explore new and exciting places such as Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, and Osaka!
With this tour, you can:
- Experience the buzz of Tokyo with family-friendly attractions such as Akihabara, the “Electric Town” of Tokyo, with its themed cafes.
- Connect with nature in Hakone’s beautiful national park with its many acres of Japanese nature. Create your own adventure by hiking up mountains and sailing over a Japanese lake together.
- Create amazing holiday memories in Kyoto and Osaka. Sample delicious street food in Osaka after wearing yukata under cherry blossoms in Kyoto.
With accommodation is in the heart of each location, this package will give you the time to connect with the family in a once-in-a-lifetime adventure!
Day 1 : UK to Tokyo
Board a Finnair (or similar) international flight to Tokyo from the UK.
Day 2 : Tokyo
Arrive at one of Tokyo International Airports (Narita or Haneda). After clearance through immigration and customs, you will transfer to your hotel in Tokyo by small shuttle bus transfer. Enjoy 5 nights in the capital of Japan.
Day 3 :
Enjoy Japan’s culture and nature with visits to Meiji Shrine, the East Gardens of the Imperial Palace, and Senso-ji Temple, and experience the country’s modern architecture and trends by going on a cruise of the bay area and shopping with this 1-day bus tour.
Day 4 : Tokyo
Day at leisure in Tokyo.
- Explore Shibuya and Harajuku. Shibuya is the centre for youth fashion, and considered the birthplace of many Japanese fashion trends. Close to Shibuya, is Harajuku, which is the centre for the more unusual fashion trends.
- Visit the Electric Town – Akihabara – known for the many electronic shops, and more recently for the “otaku” culture, with many anime and manga shops now among the electronic shops.
|Tokyo Morning Tour|
Day 5 : Tokyo
Day at leisure in Tokyo.
- Explore Odaiba, a scenic waterfront area in Tokyo Bay, and a fashionable leisure and shopping spot. It hosts a science museum, hot-spring, huge indoor amusement park, international exhibition centre, plenty of shopping malls and restaurants, sport facilities, beautiful seaside parks, spectacular night view, etc.
- Interact with digital art at teamLab Borderless – a museum of sorts where you can interact with the digital art in a borderless world.
- *We can arrange for the tickets in advance for an extra price – request basis
Day 6 : Tokyo
Activate your Japan Rail Pass.
|Kamakura & Enoshima Bay Tour|
Day 7 : Tokyo to Hakone
Today, start your journey to Hakone with the Japan Rail Pass.
Depart from your hotel and travel in style to Hakone with your Japan Rail Pass (1h15 minutes away).
Your bags will be transferred separately to Kyoto, leaving you the freedom to see Hakone luggage-free! (Make sure to pack a 1-night bag for Hakone).
Have the afternoon free at leisure in Hakone.
Hot Spring Theme Park Hakone Kowakien Yunessun & Mori no Yu Passport, Zip Line Experience, and Lunch Buffet Plan
Inquire for more information.
Go for a cruise on Lake Ashi and Mt. Komagatake Ropeway with your 2 Day Hakone Free Pass.
End your Hakone travels with a one night’s stay in a traditional Japanese-style accommodation (ryokan) with relaxing, hot spring baths.
Day 8 : Hakone to Kyoto
Have the morning free at leisure.
Explore more of Hakone or travel directly to Kyoto using the famed bullet train or Shinkansen.
Spend three nights in Kyoto.
Day 9 : Kyoto
Have a taste of Kyoto with your family with the 1-day bus tour.
Visit the golden Kinkaku-ji Temple before tiptoeing over the nightingale floor of Nijo Castle, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites. See the Kyoto Imperial Palace, which was used as the Emperor’s residence until about 150 years ago.
Visit Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine, known for its thousands of brilliant red torii gates, called Senbon Torii.
End your tour with a Kyoto skyline view at the beloved Kiyomizu-dera Temple.
Day 10 : Kyoto
The morning will be free at leisure for you to discover new areas!
Suggested visiting spots:
- Arashiyama sightseeing – Togetsu Bridge, Bamboo forest, Monkey Park
- Kyoto International Manga Museum
This afternoon, you will go from Kyoto to Nara, the first permanent capital of Japan, for a half-day tour by bus.
Visit Todaiji Temple, the home of the Great Buddha statue, the colourful Kasuga Taisha Shrine with 3,000 lanterns, and Nara Park (Deer Park). You will get to see wild deer up close, a rarity in Japan and elsewhere in the world, while walking through Nara Park.
Day 11 : Kyoto to Osaka
In the afternoon, after enjoying the cultural city of Kyoto, travel to Osaka using the Japan Rail Pass (40 minutes).
Stay for three nights in the heart of the city.
Yout luggage will be sent from Kyoto to Osaka separately.
Day 12 : Osaka
Day free at leisure in Osaka.
You could go visit the nearby city Himeji or Kobe with your JR Pass, as this is your last day of usage.
Alternatively, travel to surrounding cities such as Kobe, Himeji, and Hiroshima.
|Hiroshima & Miyajima Tour|
Day 13 : Osaka
Day at leisure to explore Osaka at your own leisure.
- See one of the most amazing aquariums in Japan, with various marine life from the Pacific Rim – Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan
- Visit Osaka Castle and learn about the various ways it was destroyed and rebuilt throughout history.
- Experience a sensory overload, famous street-food, and iconic images of Japan’s neon nightlife in Osaka’s entertainment district in Minami (Namba).
Day 14 : Osaka to UK
This morning, please check out of your accommodation.
A taxi will be waiting to collect you from your accommodation, and take you to Kansai International Airport, ready for your departing flight back home to the UK.
|Year period||Per person sharing a twin room||Travel dates|
|2020 – 2021||£2,305||03 Jan-24 March, 01 June – 24 July, 01 Aug – 24 Sept, 01-24 Dec|
|2020 – 2021||£3,180||25 March – 31 May, 25-31 July, 25 Sept – 30 Nov|
Total package price is a “from” price and is subject to availability.
Single traveller supplement, on request basis only.
All prices are per person, sharing twin rooms (and one room in a ryokan) in standard (3 star) accommodation. Higher accommodation is available upon request.
* During the Summer Games (23th Jul – 8th Aug & 24th Aug – 5th Sep 2021), the tour will be altered to cater around this period, and Tokyo will most likely be missed (inquiry basis)*
- International flights (Finnair or similar)
- Standard accommodation with breakfast included
- 7-day Ordinary Japan Rail Pass
- 2-Day Hakone Free Pass
- Luggage transfer (1 piece per person) from Tokyo to Kyoto
- Luggage transfer (1 piece per person) from Kyoto to Osaka
- Airport transfer from Tokyo airport (Haneda or Narita) to central Tokyo
- Private taxi airport transfer from Osaka hotel to Kansai International Airport
- Tokyo 1-day tour with English-speaking guide
- Kyoto 1-day tour with English-speaking guide
- Nara half-day tour with English-speaking guide
- Meals and transportaton not mentioned above
- Optional tours
- Any other personal expenses