4 days from £ 340 p/person
Extend your Japan adventure with this bike trip. Travel from historic Hiroshima to Onomichi town, the starting point of the Shimanami Kaido Cycle Route (60 km). Spend the night halfway on Ikuchi Island in a traditional ryokan. Finish the cycling route the next day at Imabari, a castle town on the island of Shikoku. Then travel on to Matsuyama. A ferry will take you back to Hiroshima the next day.
- See Hiroshima and nearby Miyajima
- Cycle part of the dramatic “Shimanami Kaido” including bridges over Japan’s Inland Sea (60km in 2 days)
- Spend the night in a traditional ryokan (Japanese inn)
- Discover Matsuyama and Dogo Onsen, the oldest thermal spring in Japan
Day 1 : Hiroshima / Miyajima
Stay overnight in Hiroshima.
Day 2 : Hiroshima - Ikuchi Island
Travel to Onimichi Town and pick up your rental bike for the not-too-strenuous exploration of Japan’s “Shimanami Kaido” cycling route. Spend the night halfway across the Inland Sea, at a traditional ryokan on Ikuchi Island.
Stay 1 night.
Day 3 : Ikuchi Island - Matsuyama
Reach Shikoku Island and finish the cycle route at Imabari. THen travel on to Matsuyama. Visiting Dogo Onsen, on the outskirts of Matsuyama, is a must.
Stay 1 night.
Day 4 : Matsuyama - Hiroshima
After breakfast, take the ferry to return to Hiroshima.
from £ 340
per person sharing twin room (£160 for a single supplement).
- 2 nights accommodation including breakfast
- 1 night at ryokan (Japanese inn) including Japanese dinner and breakfast
- Ferry Matsuyama to Hiroshima
- tours & excursions
- cycle hire cost (approx £12 per day) and tolls (approx £1.70)