Make the most of Japan’s 2018 cherry blossom season with this 10 day tour. Stay in Tokyo and Osaka and discover some of the country’s best viewing sites, from only £2436 per person, flights included. Choose between a total of five departures in March-April 2018.
Japan’s cherry blossom is world-famous – and for good reason. Most of Japan’s parks and public gardens have been designed and planted with cherry and plum trees so that their owners or visitors can enjoy the seasonal beauty of the trees in bloom.
This tour package includes viewing the cherry blossom in Tokyo and Kyoto with a local guide, as well as discovery tours of both cities and a stay in Japan’s second city and foodie capital, Osaka. Choose between a total of five departures in March-April 2018.
Day 1 : Depart UK
Depart London Heathrow on a direct flight to Haneda Airport, Tokyo, arriving the next day.
Day 2 : Arrive Tokyo
On arrival at Tokyo’s Haneda Airport, English-speaking staff will meet you in the arrivals lobby for a transfer from the airport to your hotel.
4 nights accommodation at the Gracery Hotel Tokyo (or similar).
Day 3 : Tokyo
In the morning, join the JTB Sunrise Panoramic Tokyo Tour. Orient yourself in the sprawling city of Tokyo on this full day tour by coach with English-speaking guide. Lunch is included. Tour visits the Meiji Shrine, the Imperial Palace, and Senso-ji Temple, a cruise of the Tokyo bay area and shopping at Nakamise-dori. Tour ends at Tokyo station.
Day 4 : Tokyo
Enjoy the best cherry blossom spots in the city by joining the special seasonal JTB Sunrise Tokyo Cherry Blossom Tour, by coach with English-speaking guide. This full day tour includes visits to some of Japan’s most famous cherry blossom viewing sites including Showa Kinen Park and Shinjuku Gyoen, as well as sightseeing around some of Tokyo’s most iconic landmarks such as Tokyo Tower. Lunch is included. Tours ends at Tobu Asakusa station.
Day 5 : Tokyo
Full day free at leisure in Tokyo.
<Your main baggage will be transported separately to Osaka on this day.> Leave your suitcase with the hotel’s bell captain and it will be delivered to your hotel in Osaka (make sure to pack a night bag for your last night in Tokyo!).
Optional tour: why not join an excursion to Mt.Fuji and have the chance to take one the iconic picture of cherry blossoms and Mt. Fuji covered in snow? This bus tour visits famous spots for cherry blossoms on the outskirts of Mt. Fuji that can be tricky to visit alone.
Day 6 : Tokyo - Osaka
Depart from your hotel and take the iconic bullet train to Osaka. Located only 30 minutes away from Kyoto, Osaka is considered by many to be the food capital of the country. On arrival at Shin-Osaka station, transfer by taxi to your hotel in central Osaka.
4 nights accommodation at the City Plaza Osaka (or similar).
Day 7 : Osaka - Kyoto Cherry Blossom Tour - Osaka
Today, visit famous cherry blossom spots in Kyoto.
Take the short trip by local train to Kyoto and join the JTB Sunrise 1-day Kyoto Cherry Blossom Tour. On this full day tour by coach with English-speaking guide, you can enjoy the best of this ancient capital in spring. A variety of cherry blossom types can be seen on this tour including Japan’s famous Yoshino cherry. Admire the montage of Kyoto’s World Heritage temples, traditional streets and cherry blossoms. Lunchtime in Arashiyama (lunch itself not included).
Tour ends at Karasuma Kyoto Hotel. Make your way back to Osaka by local train.
Day 8 : Osaka - Afternoon Kyoto Gardens Tour - Osaka
Morning free at leisure in Osaka.
Around midday, make your way by local train to Kyoto to join the JTB Sunrise Kyoto Japanese Gardens Walking tour. Visit popular gardens from different eras together with an English-speaking guide. This walking tour will give you the chance to see the notable traditional gardens of:
– Hasso-no-Niwa (Garden of Eight Views) at Tofukuji Temple. Designed by Shigemori Mirei in 1938, and is one of the iconic gardens of the Showa era.
– Gardens of Shoren-in Temple.
– Murin-an, a typical strolling garden of the Meiji period (1868-1912). Laid out by the Japanese master gardener Ogawa Jihee, it uses the eastern hills of Kyoto as a viewpoint, which let it appear as an extension of the mountain scenery. At Murin-an, take traditional matcha green tea served at the end of the afternoon.
Tour ends at Sanjo-Keihan station. Make your way back to Osaka by local train.
Day 9 : Osaka
Free at leisure in Osaka.
JTB Sunrise Nara Cherry Blossom Viewing Tour at World Heritage site Mount Yoshino. If your appetite for cherry blossom is still not satisfied, you can book this tour which you can join in Osaka. Approximately 30,000 cherry trees of around 200 varieties cover the slopes and valleys of this scenic area, which boasts picturesque views.
Alternatively, you could visit Osaka Castle, one of Japan’s notable samurai-era castles surrounded by the Nishinomaru Garden, encompassing the former “western citadel” of the castle, a lawn garden with 600 cherry trees, a tea house, the former Osaka Guest House and nice views of the castle tower from below. Unlike most of the rest of the castle grounds, the garden requires an admission fee. The park is one of Osaka’s most popular hanami (cherry blossom viewing) spots.
JTB Sunrise Hiroshima & Miyajima 1-Day tour can also be joined from Osaka, enabling you to visit Hiroshima and the nearby island of Miyajima and its picturesque Itsukushima Shrine on a full-day excursion by Bullet train.
Day 10 : Osaka
English-speaking assistant at your hotel for private transfer to Kansai International Airport (KIX) for departure to the UK on a direct flight to London Heathrow, arriving the same day.
per person sharing twin room
Total package price is a “from” price, and is subject to availability of accommodation on the requested dates of travel. Alternatives or upgrades are available.
THIS TOUR PACKAGE CAN BE EXTENDED OR CHANGED. TO TAILOR-MAKE THE TRIP, PLEASE CALL US.
- Return flight London-Tokyo, Osaka-London on British Airways/Finnair economy class via Helsinki, including taxes and other charges
- Assisted transfer to/from the airport and the hotel
- 8 nights accommodation in Japan (4 in Tokyo and 4 in Osaka) at specified hotels or similar, including daily breakfast
- Excursions as indicated on day 3, 4, 7 & 8 including transportation and English-speaking guide (JTB Sunrise tour)
- 2 lunches (Day 3 & Day 4)
- Bullet train Tokyo - Osaka on day 6 (Nozomi Shinkansen Tokyo - Shin-Osaka Ordinary class)
- Luggage Transfer – Your luggage will be transported from Tokyo to Osaka on day 6. For extra luggage, JPY2,200 will be charged per piece locally.
- Any tours or excursion not shown on the itinerary
- Optional tours: to book any of the suggested optional tours, please contact us for a quotation. Many other optional tours are available.
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals and beverages not shown in the above itinerary
- Incidental costs such as personal laundry, drinks, snacks
- Passport and other visa document fees (UK citizens do not need a visa for stays up to 90 days in Japan)
|Tour 1:||27 March – 05 April 2018|
|Tour 2:||29 March – 07 April 2018|
|Tour 3:||03 – 12 April 2018|
|Tour 4:||05-14 April 2018|
|Tour 5:||10-19 April 2018|