An ideal tour for the first-time visitor to Japan, this trip includes Tokyo, Mt.Fuji, Hakone and a ride on the famous “Bullet train” to the historic city of Kyoto.
Tokyo is where modern and traditional live side by side: the famous sights of contemporary Japan like Akihabara with its electronics shops and the scintillating nightlife of Shinjuku, temples and shrines are scattered around the capital.
Central to the Fuji-Hakone National Park is Mt.Fuji itself, a classic volcano shape which remains snow-capped except in the very height of summer.
Kyoto is a treasure trove of traditional buildings and UNESCO World Heritage sites. We include a guided tour around the major places of interest in both Kyoto and nearby Nara, a former capital of Japan.
- Visit Tokyo with half day city tour
- Coach to the Fuji/Hakone National Park for views of Mt.Fuji, then take the Bullet train to Kyoto
- Stay in Kyoto, with guided sightseeing
- Guided sightseeing to nearby Nara
08 Mar – 24 Dec: Daily
04 Jan – 05 Mar: Tuesdays, Fridays, Sundays
Mar : 1
Apr: 24-26, 29-30
Jul: 10-11, 25-26
Sep: 11-12, 18-20
04 Jan -Dec 23: Daily
Feb: 11, 20, 25, 27, 28
Mar : 17, 18
Apr: 20 – May 2
Jul: 8-12, 16, 20-23, 30
Aug: 03-13. 20, 27
Day 1 : Depart UK
Depart from London Heathrow on overnight flight to Tokyo.
Day 2 : Arrive Tokyo
Arrive at Tokyo Narita Airport. Meeting staff at customs exit to provide assistance in boarding a reserved taxi to the hotel in Tokyo.
Day 3 : Tokyo
Morning tour of Tokyo
Visit the Imperial Palace Plaza, Tsukiji Outer Fish Market, Kabukiza Theater , Tokyo Skytree Town and Sensoji Temple (Asakusa Kannon) & Nakamise Shopping Arcade.
Visit the Imperial Palace Plaza, Tsukiji Outer Fish Market and Sensoji Temple (Asakusa Kannon) & Nakamise Shopping Arcade.
Day 4 : Tokyo – Mt.Fuji – Hakone – Kyoto
Coach to the foot of Mt. Fuji via expressway. Then drive halfway up Japan’s highest mountain to enjoy a spectacular view from a height of 2,300 meters. Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch. In the afternoon, proceed to Hakone for a cruise on Lake Ashi and Mt. Komagatake Ropeway. In the evening, take a Bullet Train to Kyoto.
Day 5 : Kyoto – Nara – Kyoto
Morning sightseeing of Kyoto, visiting Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion), Nijo Castle (when Nijo Castle is closed, visit Ryoanji Temple instead), and Kyoto Imperial Palace (on Sat., Sun & national holidays: visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine or Higashi Honganji Temple instead). Lunch at Kyoto Handicraft Centre. Afternoon tour to Nara visiting Todaiji Temple housing the Great Buddha, colourful Kasuga Taisha Shrine with 3,000 lanterns, and Nara Park (Deer Park) where tame deer roam. Return to Kyoto in the evening.
Day 6 : Kyoto
Free at leisure in the historic city of Kyoto.
Day 7 : Osaka – London
Transfer to Kansai International Airport(KIX) by taxi transfer service. Depart to London Heathrow, arriving the same day.
04 Jan – 14 Mar
7 Dec – 24 Dec
From £2,118 per person*
(single supplement: from £308)
15 Mar – 6 Dec
From £2,399 per person*
(single supplement: from £298)
04 Jan – 12 Mar
5 Dec – 23 Dec
From £2,162 per person*
(single supplement: from £453)
13 Mar – 4 Dec
From £2,416 per person*
(single supplement: from £353)
*All prices are per person, sharing twin room in standard (3 star) accommodation. Superior (4-star) accommodation is available upon request.
Total package price is a “from” price, and is subject to availability of flights on the specified airline in the required class of travel. Different airlines may be offered, at different package prices, depending on availability on your selected dates of travel.
- Return flight London-Tokyo, Osaka-London on economy class, including taxes and other charges
- Assisted transfer to/from the airport and the hotel
- 5 nights accommodation in Japan (2 in Tokyo and 3 in Kyoto) at hotels of the class indicated, including daily breakfast
- 2 Lunches (Day 4 and 5)
- English-speaking guide services from Day 3 to 5
- Luggage Transfer – Your luggage will be transported from Tokyo to Kyoto on Day 4. For extra luggage, JPY2,200 will be charged per piece locally.
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals and beverages not shown in the above itinerary
- Incidental costs such as personal laundry, drinks, snacks
- Passport and other visa document fees (UK citizens do not need a visa for stays up to 90 days in Japan)