Visit the Outer market of Tokyo’s world-famous Tsukiji Fish Market: the largest marketplace in Japan, Tsukiji is busy and bustling even before the sun comes up. The small restaurants and eateries lining the outer market are all busy preparing fresh ingredients for the menus of the day. This area has many dedicated shops selling seafood and specialities such as fish eggs, kombu (seaweed), dried bonito, and other delicacies. Then try your hand at sushi-making using seasonal seafood ingredients. This fun workshop is led by a sushi chef who demonstrates the skills of preparing sushi. Then it’s your turn to make sushi, assisted by instructors in training. Enjoy your sushi lunch!
Visit Tokyo’s world-famous Tsukiji fish market, and try your hand at making sushi with an expert sushi chef and JTB’s English-speaking guide.
Operated: Monday, Thursdays, Fridays 12 Jan – 17 Mar, 01 May – 25 Dec
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 21 Mar – 28 Apr
Exceptions: 20 Mar, 28 Apr, 04 May, 05 & 17 Jul, 11 & 14 Aug, 18 Sep, 09 Oct, 03 & 23 Nov
£ 104 per adult
£ 97 per child 6-11 yrs
Yen prices for reference:
Yen 14,500 per adult
Yen 13,500 per child 6-11 yrs
- Pick-up service
- English speaking guide
- Transportation by public transport
- Meals: eat the sushi you have made!
- Other meals
- Drop-off service
Pickup service from major hotels in Tokyo. If pickup service is not offered from your hotel, you will be advised a nearby hotel which does.
09:00 From Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, walk to Daimon station for train to Tsukijishijo station.
Tsukiji Outer Market (45 mins)
The largest marketplace in Japan, Tsukiji is busy and bustling even before the sun comes up. The items lining the outer market are all for restaurant business as they prepare ingredients for the day’s menu. This area has many specialty shops selling seafood and fish eggs as well as kombu (seaweed), dried bonito, groceries, delicacies and more.
Sushi-making workshop (90 mins)
Try your hand at sushi-making using seasonal seafood ingredients. This fun workshop is led by a sushi chef who teaches participants how to make sushi.
13:30 Tour disbands at Tsukiji station.
- The tour group will travel by public transport.
- During the visit to the Tsukiji Fish Market, exercise caution as many vehicles and tradesmen will be moving around.
- Watching the tuna auction is not possible on this tour
- The sushi-making workshop may be conducted together with other groups.
- The sushi workshop location is subject to change to Ginza, with slight changes in transport and timing.
- Vegetarian meal not available.
- Raw fish may be prepared using a kitchen knife.
- Children under 6 yrs cannot be booked on this tour.