Ideal to orient yourself in Tokyo and take in some of the city’s main sights on this morning tour with pickup service from major hotels.
Join this half-day morning tour to see Tokyo old and new.
Includes the Tokyo Tower for a panoramic view of the city; the Imperial Palace Plaza, site of the original Edo Castle; and Asakusa to see Tokyo’s oldest and most famous Buddhist temple with its colourful shopping street, the Nakamise Arcade.
- A great introduction to Tokyo’s temples, shrines and gardens
- Stroll in the Nakamise Arcade leading up to Asakusa Kannon Temple
Operated: DAILY all year round except 17 Feb & 03 March 2019
£ 39 per adult
£ 22 per child (6-11 yrs)
Yen price for reference:
Yen 5,500 per adult
Yen 3,160 per child (6-11 yrs)
- All transfers by coach English speaking guide
- Entrance to: Tokyo Tower (30 mins)
- Get off the coach and walk around at: Imperial Palace Plaza (10mins), Asakusa Kannon Temple & Nakamise Shopping Arcade (45 mins)
- 'Pick-up' service
- Any meals
- 'Drop-off' service
Pick-up service: gather at designated locations and board bus to Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal.
09:00 Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
The tour departs Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal to begin sightseeing around Tokyo.
Tokyo Tower (40 min)
Get a spectacular view of Metropolitan Tokyo from the observation deck.
Imperial Palace Plaza (10 min)
Admire the view of Nijubashi Bridge and the surrounding scenery at this National Garden that was formerly a private garden of the Royal Family.
Asakusa Kannon & Shopping at Nakamise (40 min)
Of the 33 temples in Eastern Japan dedicated to the Goddess Kannon, this is the only one in the capital (No. 13 on the pilgrimage to all 33 temples). Visit this historic area which includes Nakamise-dori, the street leading to the temple.
Akihabara via Ueno (drive by)
Enjoy a pleasant drive through Ueno, where Tokyo’s first coffee shop once stood, to Akihabara which is home to the famous Electric Town.
Participants who wish may get off the bus at Akihabara. All other participants will get a view of Akihabara from the windows and continue to Tokyo Station by bus.
12:45 Tour ends at Tokyo Station (Marunouchi South Exit)
Make your way back to your hotel, or find a local restaurant for lunch.
1. If the minimum number of participants is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
2. As the Royal Family New Year Greeting takes place at the Imperial Palace on Jan. 2nd, the tour will not be visiting the Imperial Palace on that day (the Palace will be viewed from the bus).
3. There will be no tour on Feb. 22nd due to the Tokyo Marathon.