Nikko, around 95 miles north of Tokyo, is one of Japan’s most beautiful shrines. Take a relaxing excursion out of Tokyo to visit this magnificent historic complex. Now protected in a National Park, Nikko is one of Japan’s most important UNESCO World Heritage sites.
When the Tokugawa regime took power in the early 1600’s, this Shinto shrine and associated buildings were constructed by over 15,000 craftsmen and artists. The result is a magnificent temple complex constructed in complete harmony with its natural surroundings.
To book this tour, please use the Inquiry button above or contact us.
- Toshogu Shrine
- Yomeimon Gate
- Lake Chuzenji
- Kegon Falls
01-03 Jan, 20 Mar – 31 May, 01-31 Oct, 26-31 Dec: DAILY
05 Jan – 18 Mar 2020, 01-25 Dec: TUE, WED, FRI, SUN
02 Jun – 30 Sept, 04-29 Nov: TUE, WED, THU, FRI, SUN
23 Feb, 01 March, 02-05 & 17-18 May, 23, 24, 26 July, 13-14 Aug, 20,22 Sept, 22 & every Sat & Sun during October, 22 November
£ 118.00 per adult
£ 60.00 per child (6-11 yrs)
Yen prices for reference:
Yen 15,300 per adult
Yen 7,800 per child (6-11 yrs)
£ 107.00 per adult
£ 55.00 per child (6-11 yrs)
Yen prices for reference:
Yen 13,800 per adult
Yen 7,100 per child (6-11 yrs)
- Pick-up service from major hotels
- Transport by coach
- Japanese lunch (option without lunch is also available)
- English-speaking guide service
- Other meals
- Drop-off service
Pickup service from major hotels in Tokyo. If pickup service is not offered from your hotel, you will be advised a nearby hotel which does.
09:00 Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Drive by coach to Nikko (2h40) with English-speaking guide.
Nikko Toshogu Shrine (100min)
Tour the UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its lavish decorations, ornate details, and five structures categorized as National Treasures of Japan, and an additional three categorized as Important Cultural Properties. This shrine houses the remains of Edo period’s founder, Ieyasu Tokugawa.
Remarks: Yomei-mon Gate may not be seen entirely or partially due to repair work.
Lake Chuzenji (10 min)
Due to expected traffic congestion during the peak autumn season, the tour will not visit the Kegon Falls or Lake Chuzenji between 10 October – 08 November. During these dates, the tour will visit either the Rinno-ji Temple Taiyu-in Mausoleum, Nikko Futarasan Jinja Shrine, the Kirifuri Falls or the Tamozawa Imperial Villa. .
Kegon Falls (30 min)
19:00 – 20:00: Tour disbands on arrival at Shinjuku.
Remarks: No drop-off service to hotels will be provided. The guide will explain transportation means to your hotels on the way back to Tokyo. Please return from Shinjuku to your hotel on your own.
This tour visits scenic places that are very popular with Japanese tourists during autumn (late Oct. – early Nov.) and spring (late Apr. – early May). On weekends and national holidays at these times, traffic can get extremely heavy and alterations to the itinerary are likely (see Remarks). So we highly recommend AVOIDING weekends and holidays during these seasons and joining on weekdays when typically fewer domestic tourists are visiting. Please note that traffic and other circumstances may cause changes to the itinerary on weekdays as well.
1. (1) Heavy traffic due to visitors viewing the autumn colours is expected every year in Nikko 11 Oct – 06 Nov. Therefore, Kegon Falls and Lake Chuzenji will not be visited during this period. Taiyu-in Mausoleum at Rinno-ji Temple, Futarasan Shrine , Kirifuri Falls or Tamozawa Imperial Villa may be visited instead.
2. The alternative plan outlined above may be used even outside the period indicated, due to road conditions or other reasons. Please note that the tour fee will not be refunded for itinerary alteration.
3. The tour involves walking up and down steps and hilly paths at Nikko Toshogu Shrine and Kegon Falls. Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
4. As the tour uses a coach for the entire itinerary, the timing of visiting each site may be delayed due to traffic.
5. An audio guide will be provided to each participant at Nikko Toshogu. However, this may not apply if there are less than 15 participants.
6. A fee of JPY 10,000 may be charged if an audio guide is lost or damaged.
7. After going through the itinerary, the tour may stop by at a hotel in Nikko area.
8. Vegetarian meals are available and must be requested at the time of booking.
9. If the minimum number of participants is not met by 4 days before a scheduled date, the tour on the date may be cancelled.
Tour code: (with lunch) BUS1JN01S1MKS
(without lunch) BUS1JN0WS1MKS