The classic volcano shape of Mt.Fuji dominates the landscape for miles around; revered by the Japanese as their most holy mountain, it is an iconic symbol of Japan recognised worldwide. This guided tour takes you to the Mt.Fuji’s 5th station to enjoy the view from 2,300 metres above sea level. Afterwards, take in Hakone’s beautiful scenery on a cruise around Lake Ashi and a ride on the Komagatake Ropeway, for great views of Mt.Fuji, weather permitting.
You can choose to return to Tokyo by Bullet train, by coach, or to finish the excursion at Odawara station if you plan to take the Bullet train onwards to Kyoto or Osaka.
Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Mt.Fuji and Hakone.
Operated: 01 Jan – 31 Dec 2017: daily
F800: 26 Feb, 03-06 May, 15-16 Jul, 11-13 Aug, 16-17 Sep, 7-8 Oct, 3-4 Nov.
Others (F808, F880): 26 Feb; 3-6 May; 15-17, 22-23 & 29-30 Jul;5-6, 11-13, 19-20, 26-27 Aug; 2, 9, 16-18, 23, 30 Sep; 7-9, 14, 21, 28 Oct; 3-5, 11 Nov.
|Option:||Adult:||Child (6-11 yrs)||Supplement Mar-Apr:|
|Return by Bullet train (F800)||£ 118.00||£59.00||£ 4.00 per person (adult or child)|
|Return by coach (F880)||£98.00||£ 49.00|
|Leave the tour at Odawara station(F808)||£ 98.00||£ 49.00|
Yen prices for reference:
|Option:||Adult:||Child (6-11 yrs)||Supplement Mar-Apr:|
|Return by Bullet train (F800)||Yen 17,000||Yen 8,500||Yen 500 per person (adult or child)|
|Return by coach (F880)||Yen 14,000||Yen 7,000|
|Leave the tour at Odawara station(F808)||Yen 14,000||Yen 7,000|
- Pick-up service from major hotels
- Lunch (option without lunch is also available)
- English-speaking guide service
- Transport by coach/bullet train (depending on option taken)
- Other meals
- Drop-off service
07:30-08:30 Pick-up Service
This tour can be joined from various meeting points mainly located at major hotels throughout Tokyo.
09:00 Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Depart Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal and head to Mt. Fuji by bus.
(Chuo Expressway or Tomei Expressway)
Fuji Visitor Center (20 min)
Learn about the historic eruptions, nature, and culture surrounding Japan’s most iconic mountain, Mt. Fuji. There are many videos and panel displays to interact with and enjoy!
Remarks: If Fuji Visitor Center is closed or the tour is behind schedule due to traffic, Fuji Visitor Center may be omitted from the itinerary.
Mt. Fuji 5th Station (30 min)
Start the ascent up Mt. Fuji via the Fuji Subaru Line. Climb 2,300 meters (7,546 ft) above sea level for breathtaking views from above the clouds.
Remarks: When Subaru Line roadway to Mt. Fuji 5th Station is closed due to road surface freezing, the tour will be taken as high as possible.
Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch.
Remarks: If you would like a vegetarian menu, please inform us at the time of reservation.
Lake Ashi Cruise (15 min)
Go for a sightseeing cruise on Lake Ashi, from Kojiri to Hakone-en. This crater lake along the southwest wall of the caldera of Mt. Hakone was formed by a powerful volcanic eruption nearly 3,000 years ago, and provides postcard views of Mt. Fuji towering 30 km northwest.
Remarks: Hakone Komagatake Ropeway and Lake Ashi Cruise may be omitted or substituted depending on traffic, weather conditions, or other operational concerns.
Mt. Komagatake Ropeway (50 min)
Spend a total of 50 minutes including a 7-minute cableway ride up to the spiritual Hakone Shrine Mototsumiya (original shrine) that nestles at the mountaintop.
Remarks: Time required includes time spent at the peak of Mt. Komagatake.
Depart Hakone and proceed to Odawara Station by bus. The bus may make brief stops at hotels in the Hakone area.
– tour disbands at Odawara Station 17:00-19:30 (Ref: F808), or
– return to Tokyo by coach, ending 19:00-20:30 at Ginza/Shinjuku (Ref: F880), or
– return to Tokyo by Bullet train, ending 18:00-20:00 at Shinagawa or Tokyo station (Ref: F800).
1. GPS-equipped audio guides are available in Chinese and Spanish. Please make a request when booking if you would like an audio guide. There are a limited number of audio guides available, so it may not be possible to provide one for each participant.
2. Hakone Komaga-take Ropeway may be omitted from the itinerary due to heavy traffic. The tour will not be cancelled or refunded in such cases. In addition, the return time may be later than scheduled. (Estimated arrival time to Tokyo Station: 20:00-22:00)
3. If Fuji Visitor Center is closed or the tour is behind schedule due to traffic delays, Fuji Visitor Center may be omitted from the itinerary.
4. If the Fuji Subaru Line to Mt. Fuji’s 5th Station is closed due to icy roads, the tour will be taken as high as possible.
5. Mt. Fuji’s 5th station is typically 10 to 15 degrees Celsius colder than Tokyo. On tours from autumn to spring, please bring a coat and other warm clothing.
6. The tour will not be cancelled or refunded even if Mt. Fuji is not fully visible due to weather conditions.
7. Lake Ashi Cruise or Hakone Komaga-take Ropeway may be omitted, due to traffic, weather conditions, or other operational concerns. If either or both are omitted the following alternatives may be used: Hakone-en Aquarium, Hakone Ropeway, Owakudani valley, Hakone Sightseeing Cruise (pirate ship), Narukawa Art Museum, Hakone Sekisho (checking station) remains, Lake Kawaguchi Cruise, Lake Kawaguchi Ropeway, or Itchiku Kubota Art Museum. The tour will not be cancelled or refunded for such itinerary alteration.
8. The guide may not accompany you on the bus or Shinkansen back to Tokyo. In this case, information on how to return to hotels will be provided in advance.
9. After sightseeing is finished, the bus may make multiple stops at hotels in the Hakone area.
10. If the minimum number of participants is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
11. The arrival time in Tokyo Station may vary depending on the season and the day of the week.
Tours in 2014 from Dec. to Mar. depart Odawara Station between 17:00 and 18:30. Tours from Apr. to Nov. depart between 18:00 and 19:30.