Enjoy the scenery of Arashiyama and the bamboo groves of Sagano on a walking tour with English-speaking guide. Arashiyama (嵐山) is a pleasant district in the western outskirts of Kyoto. The area has been a popular destination since the Heian Period (794-1185), when nobles would enjoy its natural setting. Arashiyama is particularly popular during spring, for the cherry blossom, and in autumn, when the trees in the surrounding forests change to their autumn colours.
Take a walk on the path through a bamboo forest and enjoy the sunlight falling through the slender branches of bamboo and the mysterious sound of the wind rustling in the leaves.
Take a walk on the path through a bamboo forest and enjoy the sunlight falling through the trees and the mysterious sound of the wind rustling in the bamboo leaves.
08 Jan – 29 Feb 2020: WED & SAT
02 Mar – 28 Dec: MON, WED & SAT
£ 110.00 per adult
£ 99.00 per child 6-11 yrs
Yen prices for reference:
Yen 14,200 per adult
Yen 12,900 per child 6-11 yrs
- English-speaking guide service
- Train transportation between Kyoto and Saga-Arashiyama
- Japanese-style lunch on a "Yakatabune" boat ride through Arashiyama ("without lunch" price also available)
- Pick up and Drop-off service
- Transport from Kyoto Station to your hotel
Assemble at New Miyako Hotel
Walk to Kyoto Station
Depart Kyoto Station for JR Saga-Arashiyama Station
JR Special Rapid Service or Local Train Service (non-reserved seat)
Remarks: This tour uses public transportation with non-reserved seats. Please note that seating is not guaranteed.
Tenryu-ji Temple (30 min)
Tenryu-ji Temple is a world heritage zen temple located in Saga-Arashiyama, the famous sightseeing town in Kyoto. The Japanese garden benefits from the beautiful landscapes of Arashiyama, and has been registered as a Special Place of Scenic Beauty.
Sagano Bamboo Grove
Enjoy a relaxing walk through the Sagano Bamboo Grove.
Jojakko-ji Temple (30 min)
This temple overlooks the town of Sagano and the city of Kyoto. The area is famous for its beautiful scenery when the coloured leaves cover the mountain in autumn.
Togetsu-kyo Bridge (30 min)
Togetsu-kyo Bridge is a famous bridge in Arashiyama, and offers a spectacular location for viewing cherry blossoms or coloured autumn leaves.
Yakatabune Boat Boarding Pier Japanese-style lunch (60 min)
A guide will accompany the tour until arriving at the Yakatabune Boat Boarding Pier.
Remarks: If the boat cannot be boarded due to high water levels or other operational concerns on the lunch-included tour, lunch will be served at a restaurant instead. In this case JPY 2,000 per person will be refunded.
Tour disbands upon disembarking the boat.
Please return your accommodation by your own means after the tour.
Remarks: Participants will receive a JR train ticket for travel from Arashiyama to Kyoto.
1. This tour uses public transportation with non-reserved seats. Please note that seating may not be available.
2. This is a walking tour, so we recommend participating in casual clothes and comfortable shoes. (The walking course covers approximately 3km)
3. The order of the itinerary is subject to change.
4. Japanese-style lunch. No vegetarian menu available.
5. Tour disbands at boat terminal. Participants will receive a JR train ticket for travel from Arashiyama to Kyoto.
6. If the boat cannot be boarded due to high water levels or other operational concerns on the lunch-included tour, lunch will be served at a restaurant instead. In this case JPY 2,000 per person will be refunded.
7. A boarding fee of JPY 1,000 is required for children aged 4 to 5 years for the yakatabune cruise.
8. If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 5 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
Ref: N250 (N240 without lunch)