This special Ghibli-themed excursion includes special entry to the advance-reservation-only Ghibli Museum.
Starting from the Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku, visit Hotel Gajoen Tokyo, and the Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum, where quaint and historic buildings evoke the old-world atmosphere and backdrop of Ghibli films. Then spend 2½ hours at the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka.
To book this tour, please use the Inquiry button above or contact us.
- Meeting point: Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo. Travel by coach with English-speaking guide
- Visit Hotel Gajoen Tokyo, said to have inspired the Aburaya bath house in the Studio Ghibli film Spirited Away. Enjoy the atmosphere and savour a meal of the hotel’s prized cuisine.
- Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum, an outdoor museum featuring historic buildings. Walk down streets lined with colorful and intriguing buildings which evoke an atmosphere just like in a Ghibli film. (On Mondays the museum is closed and Jindaiji Temple or Takahata Fudoson Temple will be visited instead)
- Spend 2½ hours at the Ghibli Museum.
The tour operates every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 08 January – 28 February, and every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 02 March – 18 December 2020
(except 18-29 May and 04-13 November)
£108.00 per adult
£96.00 per child (4-11 yrs)
Free for infants 0-3 yrs
Yen prices for reference:
Yen 14,000 p/adult
Yen 12,500 p/child 4-11 yrs
- English-speaking guide service (except in museum)
- transportation by private coach
- visit and lunch at Hotel Gajoen Tokyo (no vegetarian option available)
- group entrance ticket to Studio Ghibli Museum
- Wed/Thu/Fri: entrance to Edo-Tokyo Open-Air Architectural Museum. On Mondays, the museum is closed and Jindaiji Temple or Takahata Fudoson Temple will be visited instead.
- drinks during lunch
Hotel Keio Plaza Shinjuku
- Meet the English-speaking guide at the Keio Plaza Hotel South Tower 3rd floor (check-in counter).
- Access: 5 minutes’ walk from Shinjuku Station if arriving by JR, Odakyu or Keio Lines.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the departure time, and show your reservation confirmation sheet at reception.
- Depart with the English-speaking guide by coach.
Hotel Gajoen Tokyo
- Take a commemorative photo and enjoy a buffet lunch at a spectacular, historic hotel said to be the inspiration for the Aburaya bath house in Spirited Away.
- If the Hotel Gajoen Tokyo cannot serve lunch due to events taking place at the venue, it will be provided at another dining hall.
Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum or Jindaiji Temple/Takahata Fudoson Temple
- An outdoor museum featuring historical structures with high cultural significance which have been moved to the museum from their original sites, recreated and preserved for exhibit.
- Walk down streets lined with colorful and intriguing buildings which evoke an atmosphere just like in a Ghibli film.
- As Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum is closed on Mondays (excluding holidays), the tour will visit Jindaiji Temple or Takahata Fudoson Temple instead.
- The same applies for other closed days.
- The museum features a plethora of exhibits including animation production processes, a reading room, as well as a Ghibli original short animated feature viewable only at the museum.
- No guiding is allowed in the museum, so after arrival and entrance procedures, participants will have time to walk freely through the museum.
Return to Shinjuku
- Drop-off near Shinjuku Station West Exit.
- The guide can advise about onward transportation to your hotel or elsewhere.
- The tour will be cancelled if the Ghibli Museum is closed due to unforeseen circumstances. Information on closed days in 2020 will be determined starting from January 2020.
- If the tour cannot visit Hotel Gajoen Tokyo or Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum due to facility circumstances, an alternate destination will be visited and the tour will still be held. Please note that in this case, refunds will not be provided.
- Baby strollers cannot be taken into Ghibli Museum.
(There is a large space for ‘parking’ baby buggies on the ground floor by the entrance)
- Edo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural Museum is closed on Mondays. (Open if Monday is a holiday.) In such cases, the tour will visit Jindaiji Temple or Takahata Fudoson Temple instead.
To check availability and book this tour, please click on the link below: