This full day tour begins with the ascent of Tokyo Tower, modelled on the Eiffel Tower in Paris and offering panoramic views of the city. Then on to a traditional Japanese tea ceremony, with green tea and traditional sweets. After Japanese lunch, admire the view of Nijubashi Bridge and the surrounding scenery at this National Garden that was formerly a private garden of the Royal Family. Take a cruise on the Sumida River to Azumabashi, then on to the Nakamise Shopping Arcade, leading up to Asakusa Kannon Temple, before passing through Ginza, the famous shopping and entertainment district.
- Visit four of Tokyo’s popular sightseeing spots on this 1-day tour:
- Tokyo Tower, which offers views of Ginza, Tokyo Bay, Yokohama, and even Mt.Fuji in clear weather
- Enjoy the cultural experience of a traditional Japanese tea ceremony.
- the East Gardens of the Imperial Palace
- Cruise on the Sumida River
- Senso-ji Temple
Except: 17 Feb, 03 Mar, 29-31 Dec 2019
£86.00 per adult
£58.00 per child (6-11 yrs)
Yen prices for reference:
Yen 12,000 per adult
Yen 8,000 per child (6-11 yrs)
- All transfers by coach
- English-speaking guide
- Meals: lunch
- Pick-up service from major hotels
- other meals
- Drop-off service
07:30 – 08:30
Gather at designated locations and board bus to Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal.
Tour leaves Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal at 09:00, with English-speaking guide.
Tokyo Tower (30 mins)
Get a spectacular view of Metropolitan Tokyo from the observation deck.
Tea Ceremony experience (35 mins)
The tea ceremony is a part of Japan’s traditional culture. Enjoy green tea and Japanese sweets.
LUNCH (Japanese style)
Imperial Palace Plaza, Nijubashi Bridge (30 min)
Admire the view of Nijubashi Bridge and the surrounding scenery at this National Garden that was formerly a private garden of the Royal Family.
Sumida River Cruise
Cruise around modern day Tokyo and experience the atmosphere of Edo.
Due to congestion during the cherry blossom season (mid-March – early April), the Sumida River Cruise ride will be switched to cherry-blossom viewing at Sumida Park.
Cross Azumabashi Bridge on foot for:
Asakusa Kannon Temple and Nakamise Shopping Arcade (45 mins)
Coach via the Ginza shopping district.
(17:10) Clients can disembark at Tokyo Station.
17:30 Tour ends at Hamamtsucho Bus Terminal
1. As the schedule of Sumida River Cruise will be altered during cherry blossom season (expected period: mid-March – early April), arrival time may be delayed.
2. During cherry blossom season (mid March – early April), the Sumida River Cruise will be changed to cherry blossom viewing in Sumida Park.
3. Sumida River Cruise may be unavailable without prior notice due to river conditions. Changes in the itinerary will be provided by the guide.
4. The tour may visit Hamarikyu Gardens depending on the Sumida River Cruise reservation time.
5. If the minimum number of participants is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
6. The location for lunch is subject to change due to venue operational circumstances.
7. There will be no tour on Feb. 28th (Sun.) due to the Tokyo Marathon.
8. If the tea ceremony room is closed, the tour will visit Meiji Shrine instead.
9. Children age 5 and younger may participate for free, but will not be provided with their own bus seats and must sit on the lap of their parent or guardian. If a seat on the bus and lunch are required for the child, the child rate should be booked (JPY 8,000).