Starting from the Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku, and with transportation to the museum included with an English-speaking guide, the JTB Sunrise Ghibli Museum Afternoon tour is a convenient way to visit the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka.
The museum is some way outside the central Tokyo area: the private coach transportation and English-speaking guide service provided on this tour means that you won’t have to worry about getting there.
- Travel to the Ghibli Museum by coach with guide
- Reserved entrance to the museum included, for free time in this fascinating museum
The tour operates every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4th January to 22 December 2017
(except when the museum is closed for annual maintenance or other reason – see details)
£ 45.00 p/adult
£ 34.00 p/child 6-11 yrs
£ 4.00 p/child 4-5 yrs
Free for infants 0-3 yrs
Yen prices for reference:
Yen 6,000 p/adult
Yen 4,500 p/child 6-11 yrs
Yen 500 p/child 4-5 yrs
- English-speaking guide service (except in museum)
- transportation from Shinjuku to the museum, by coach
- group entrance ticket to Studio Ghibli Museum
- transportation after the museum visit
Hotel Keio Plaza Shinjuku
Meet the English-speaking guide at the Keio Plaza Hotel South Tower 3rd floor (check-in counter)
Access: The hotel is about 3 minutes’ walk from the south exit of Shinjuku Station if arriving by JR, Odakyu or Keio Lines.
Please report to the JTB guide and show your JTB Sunrise Tour Confirmation.
Depart with the English-speaking guide by coach to the museum in Mitaka.
The museum is located inside lush Inokashira Park and features a plethora of exhibits including animation production processes, a reading room, as well as a Ghibli original short animated feature viewable only at the museum.
Group entrance to the museum is included.
No guiding is allowed in the museum, so the guide will leave you to explore the museum on your own.
After your visit, you are free to make your way back to your hotel.
1. This tour uses public transportation. Seating is not guaranteed. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes to participate in this tour.
2. This is a special tour for international visitors only.
3. Baby buggies cannot be taken into the Ghibli Museum.
(There is a large space for ‘parking’ baby buggies on the ground floor by the entrance)
4. 4 and 5 year old children will be charged at a child price (JPY 500). Children 3 and under are free.