This 2-day package by JTB Sunrise Tours gives you the opportunity to include climbing Mt.Fuji in your trip to Japan, with all necessary arrangements taken care of, and an English-speaking guide.
The highlight of the tour is seeing the sunrise from the summit of Mount Fuji. After 3-4 hours walking ascent in the afternoon, and a rest and dinner at a lodge, the climb continues during the night to arrive at the summit between 04:00 - 05:00 in the morning, in time to see the sunrise. The ascent is quite long in terms of distance, but a walk that is strenuous towards the top, rather than a climb.
Day 1: Tokyo - Mt.Fuji
07:10 Walk from Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku to the Shinjuku Gijido-dori Avenue Koukashita Parking Area and board the motorcoach to Mt. Fuji.
11:30 Arrive at Mt. Fuji 5th station (2,304 meters). Free time to eat lunch on your own and get ready to to climb Mt.Fuji.
13:00 Leave Mt. Fuji 5th station, on the Lake Kawaguchi and Yoshidaguchi climbing route.
17:00 Arrive at the 7th station (2,910 meters). Short stay at Toyokan lodge. Eat dinner and rest (nap).
22:00 Receive your breakfast bento to carry with you to the summit. Leave Toyokan lodge to continue the ascent.Day 2: Mt.Fuji - Tokyo
Climb Mt.Fuji for approx. 5 hours
03:00 Arrive at the summit. Watch the sunrise, and eat breakfast. Circle the rim of Mt.Fuji's volcanic crater (Ohachi-meguri).
05:00 Leave the summit via Kawaguchiko-Yoshidaguchi descending route.
09:00 Arrive back at the 5th station. Free time to rest.
11:30 Depart the 5th station for Lake Yamanaka Hot Springs, Beni Fuji no Yu.
12:30 Arrive at the hot springs. Free time to relax in the hot spring baths and have lunch on your own.
Continue by coach to Tokyo, where the tour ends at Shinjuku station at 18:00-19:00.
Note that the highlight of the tour is seeing the sunrise from the summit of Mount Fuji. After 3-4 hours walking ascent in the afternoon, and a rest and dinner at a lodge, the climb continues during the night to arrive at the summit between 03:00 - 04:00 in the morning, in time to see the sunrise.
|As the summit of Mt.Fuji is at 3,776 metres, altitude sickness may occur. The rest at the 8th station of the mountain is designed to acclimatise walkers to the altitude, and avoid this. For a realistic and detailed description of the climb and helpful tips, please see: fujisan/yamakei.co.jp|
The ascent is quite long in terms of distance, but a walk that is strenuous towards the top, rather than a climb. Essential information: see WHAT TO BRING AND WEAR
Yen 31,500 per adult
Yen 30,500 per child (6-11yrs)
The £ sterling price shown above is for illustration only.
Actual £ price depends on exchange rates at the time of booking.
Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays
16 July until 29 August 2013
- coach transfers from departure from Tokyo (Keio Plaza hotel) to arrival back in Tokyo (Shinjuku station).
- English-speaking guide for the whole tour, and additional climbing guide for the mountain itself
(from the 5th station of Mt.Fuji, to the summit and back to 5th station)
- meals: dinner on day 1, breakfast on day 2 (the breakfast is a box breakfast to be taken to the summit. No vegetarian option available)
- rest/acclimatisation time/nap at Toyokan Lodge, at Mt.Fuji 7th station on day 1 approx 5pm - 10pm (bed provided)
- hot spring baths at Beni Fuji no Yu, Lake Yamanaka Hot Springs on day 2
- pickup service from other Tokyo hotels (start place is Keio Plaza hotel)
- anyone to carry your bags! Just take what you need for the climb. Items cannot be left in the bus. But items can be left for free at the Mt.Fuji 5th station resthouse if necessary.
To include this climb of Mount Fuji in your trip to Japan, contact us on 020 8237 1605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org